On September 14th, 2022 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 19.9 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
With every new release we focus on making Advanced Installer more powerful while maintaining the simplified UX that our users appreciate.
Prerequisites are a complicated piece of any installer. We have now started a revamp of our prerequisites engine. The first step is to allow you to easily run a script before or after a prerequisite, without using any workarounds. More improvements will follow in our future releases.
Check out the video to discover how to run a script before and after installing a prerequisite.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Run script(s) before and after a prerequisite
- Predefined Custom Actions for working with List Box, List View, and Check List controls
LZMA compression for web installer packages
Command line support to add a “Temporary Folder” to the project
Display the language selection dialog when enabling the “Test Maintenance UI” option
Improved the custom actions icons to distinguish them better
- Support for importing App-V 5.x packages from the command line
- Display tooltips when pre-validating edit fields
Built-in localized property of SYSTEM user account
Support for synchronizing a property’s value with a value from a JSON file
Add “Get a Free Tcp Port” and “Check TCP Port” actions as custom actions with sequence
Support for undo operation
Improved IIS WWW Root path when the IIS feature is not enabled
Update “.NET Framework” predefined prerequisite to the latest version 4.8.1
The Publisher ID is not correctly synchronized between the MSIX and APPINSTALLER file
- When using the “/SetDigitalCertificateFile” command for certificates without a password, cache the certificate topic as well
Enhanced User Interface (EUI) does not permit the Reboot prompt at the end of the installation
- Packages having only Windows 11 LC checked are not installed on the latest Win 11 preview release (22H2)
Error when opening AppV file
- Fixed the appearance of the icons from the Project Summary
Repackager error when using the “Start in Docker” option
- Package with “Run as Administrator” and feature-based prerequisite is not launched after force reboot
- The “Found” column from the PrerequisiteSelector control is empty if the action is Install
- “Do not overwrite” + OLDPRODUCTS does not work for folders under system32
Incorrect message is displayed when creating a patch through the wizard