Get the diagnostic information
- Click Start, type Event Viewer, and press Enter (or Run eventvwr.msc.)
- On the left pane, expand Event Viewer (Local) > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows.
- Check for available logs under these categories:
- AppxPackagingOM > Microsoft-Windows-AppxPackaging/Operational
- AppXDeployment-Server > Microsoft-Windows-AppXDeploymentServer/Operational
Start by looking at the logs under AppXDeployment-Server. If the error was caused by 0x80073CF0 or ERROR_INSTALL_OPEN_PACKAGE_FAILED, additional details may be present in the AppxpackagingOM logs.
You can also use the Get-AppxLog command in PowerShell to get the first few logged events. The following example displays the logs associated with the most recent deployment operation.
The following example displays the logs associated with the most recent deployment operation in an interactive table in a separate window.
Get-Appxlog | Out-GridView