On May 25th, 2023 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 20.7 in Free, Professional, Enterprise, and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
We’re thrilled to introduce our new feature: built-in support for repackaging in Windows Sandbox. This feature allows you to leverage an isolated repackaging environment without the hassle of a large virtual machine.
By repackaging applications in Windows Sandbox, you’ll have a safe and controlled capture environment, which makes it easy to validate and improve your repackaging processes.
Please watch our video preview to see just how simple it is to enable and use the repackaging in Windows Sandbox feature.
This current release includes new features, bug fixes, and general improvements. The full list is below:
- Support for repackaging in Windows Sandbox
- Support to change native frame color and corners type on Windows 11
- Option to select multiple SQL scripts for deletion
- New option to control “ProductCode” regeneration when “ProductVersion” is changed
- Option to use a custom network share user for repackaging operation
- Optimized Repackager processing time in Docker container for faster conversion
- Added multiple methods for displaying the “ReadMe” file
- Predefined option for “OptimizedInstallMode” in the Patch project
- UI Revamp: Optimized the navigation and selection process for choosing certificates from the certificate store
- Improved UX during repackaging: remove Windows Defender from the running process list
- Build fails due to fault module path pointing to UI.Xaml.dll
- “TempFolder” is not resolved correctly when used as the extract location for the setup and pre-install prerequisites
- SQL Server 2022 prerequisite fails when installed silently
- Fixed URL shortcut issues
- Fixed control issues on the Graphite theme when WinUI is enabled
- On the Vivid theme, the text in the EditBox shifts when the state is toggled between enable and disable
- The “Text File Update” operation displays a warning even if the error policy is set to skip
- Custom templates from search results cannot be used to create projects
- Command parameters do not seem to pass to the program correctly for directory and background for Windows 11 context menu
- WiX import fails for autogenerated component ids